Thursday, April 23, 2009

Gotta Start Somewhere, Why Not From Home!!??

Laura Van Gilder just tonight suggested blogging(?) to keep anyone interested in my progress on my upcoming bike(bicycle that is) trip from home in East Stroudsburg to Maine with my buddy Michael aka The Big Mig(as in Miguel Indurain,previous Tour de France winner many times over)and his friend from Maine, Richard aka Mandinka Warrior(don't ask me,I don't know where it came from!?). You probably know me as many different terms of stages of endearment but for the purpose of this trip I'll remain MellowYellow1800 aka Clair, Dr Clair, E-Clair, Clair Bear or just "That bastard from work!" We'll start turning pedals next Thursday at 7-8am and head north, winding up in Maine the following Saturday afternoon to catch a ride w/Mig's wife Jessica aka Momma in the Making(1st child due in about 4-6 weeks!) back to the Poconos. Yeah, it is cheating to only ride out and not back but "winners never cheat and cheaters never win" and thus far I haven't won one yet that I can remember. It's coming up on midnight and I really just wanted to start this blog and take it for a trial spin before bed. Many of you know how my previous trial spins have turned into 2 motorcyles and 6 bicycles in the garage so far! More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment