Monday, April 27, 2009

The Taper!!!

Didn't really expect to taper for this trip but it has happened by chance anyway due to circumstances. Making my lists and checking it twice. As usual I'm procrastinating before getting organized,laying out gear and getting packed. Have more or less wasted the last 2 days of pack time at Radio Shack trying to get an operational wireless broadband card to work with my laptop so I can take it along to Maine and post to this blog, Garminconnect.com and also post photos on Picassa. Did manage to get a couple hours on the water in my new kayak yesterday with my personal trainer Donnie and his wife Carrie. We did a short, flatwater trip on the Delaware River to get the feel of the new boat and practice some paddle strokes. Lived in the Poconos nearly 20 years and my 1st time on the Delaware, what a shame! Gorgeous day. I'm using Donnies Trek 5200 road bike for the trip which has a touring crank up front,aka triple chain ring with a granny gear for the climb.Borrowed the bike a basic, boring black and gray. Had to add a dash of yellow so put on yellow bar tape, yellow tires, yellow bottle cages, etc to make it more liveable for MellowYellow. Photos to follow. Also put my NightRider Dual Beam headlight on the bike in case get caught out early am or late pm. Added a stem mount for my Garmin Edge 405 GPS and still waiting on a cadence sensor from Amazon.com. The bike is well trimmed out at this point and I did ride it last weekend >100 miles on Saturday pulling my BOB Yak bicycle trailer which connects directly to the rear wheel skewer/quick release system. The trailer itself only weight about 12-15 pounds but according to literature is capable of pulling 70 lbs fully loaded. I'm hoping NOT to fully load it! Wanted to get a bit more info posted tonight and watch for updat tomorrow. MellowYellow1800

No comments:

Post a Comment